FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- How old must a child be to go to New England Pre-Primary School?New England caters for children between the ages of 3 and 6 years of age.
Children who are:
- 3 turning 4 years of age go into Grade RRR
- 4 turning 5 years of age go into Grade RR
- 5 turning 6 years of age go into Grade R
- How do I apply?
If you would like to apply for your child to attend New England Pre-Primary School, you could either:
- Contact Mrs Thea Field on 033 386 3442 or e-mail her at firstname.lastname@example.org and she will assist you ; or
- You may visit the school at 81 New England Road, Scottsville and Mrs Field will show you the school and assist you with the necessary forms;
- You may download and print the application forms from the NEPP APPLICATION page, complete them and bring them to the school, where Mrs Field will further assist you.
Applications must be returned with all the required documents in order for the application to be processed.
- Is there an application fee?Yes, there is a non-refundable application fee of R350.00, which is payable when you submit your application form.
- What is the closing date for applications?We do not have a closing date for applications, but the sooner you get your applications in the better your chances are of getting a place for your child. Extra applications are kept on the waiting list.
- How much are the school fees per year?Our school fees for 2016 are R17 330.00 per annum and are paid upfront or over 10 (ten) months. These increase annually.
- What are the school times?Our gate opens at 7.15am and our school day begins at 7.45am. Our school day ends at 12.30pm.
- Is there an aftercare facility?Yes we do offer aftercare. There are two options for aftercare – 12.40pm -14.40pm and 12.40pm – 17:00pm.
- How much will I pay for my child to attend aftercare?Our aftercare fees for the 12.40pm – 14.40pm option are R280.50 per month plus R20.00 admin fee for registration. Fees for the 12.40pm-17.00pm option is R651.20 per month plus R20.00 admin fee for registration. This can be paid upfront or over 10 (ten) months.
- What schools could my child go on to once s/he has completed Grade R at New England Pre-Primary?Our children go to a variety of primary schools around Pietermaritzburg – Athlone, Clarendon, Northern Park, Wykeham Collegiate, St John’s, Epworth, Hayfields, Maritzburg Prep, Ridge, Merchiston and Longmarket Girls, but the onus is on you to make timeous application to the Primary Schools of your choice for Grade 1.
- What do I need to send with my child each day?Your child will need:
- a bag which is large enough to fit all their belongings into;
- a healthy snack to eat during the school day;
- a healthy lunchtime snack for aftercare; and
- a change of clothes each day (two if they are going to aftercare).
- Do the children wear a uniform?Our Grade R children are required to wear the school t-shirt each day, and the rest of the age groups are welcome to do the same but it is not compulsory. When we go on outings however, each child is required to wear a group coloured t-shirt. These can be ordered / purchased from the office.
- What kinds of extra-curricular activities do you offer? We offer a variety of extra mural activities which are held on the school premises after school, namely Action Ball (which incorporates Essential English Lessons), Monkeynastix, Soccerstarz, Ballet, Experi-Buddies and Karate.
Swimming is also an extra mural activity which is held once a week but this takes place during free play time (between 9 and 10am). The children are collected by the swimming coach, Odette, who takes them to the pool at Body Dynamics for their lesson and returns them to school.
- Are the above extra-curricular activities included in the school fees?None of the above extra-curricular activities are included in the school fees, and should be paid directly to the people concerned.